"Steel Bonnets is an incredible malt."
Great Drams, November 2018
"The border regions ... there's a mix of culture & history. Steel Bonnets does justice to that heritage."
Travel Distilled, October 2018
Steel Bonnets is the first cross-border blend of exceptional English and Scotch malt whiskies. At its heart is single malt whisky from The Lakes Distillery, created with love and great care in the Lake District National Park.
Creamy vanilla and comforting woodsmoke are interwoven to create a whisky born of the unique rugged character and heritage of the of the Scottish & English borderlands. The whisky has creamy, slightly nutty & full bodied flavour. Bottled at 46.6% ABV, natural colour and non-chill filtered.
We have created Steel Bonnets blended malt whisky to honour the memory of those people who lived in the Border Marches of England and Scotland during the 13th – 17th centuries.
In early English, to ‘reive’ is to rob, and from this were born ‘The Border Reivers’, nicknamed the ‘Steel Bonnets’ after the helmets they wore for protection. ‘Steel Bonnets’ was the nickname given to the community known as the Border Reivers, and is now also the name we have chosen the worlds’ first ever blend of English and Scotch Malt Whisky. Past hostilities forgotten, this is a union of all that is good.
- UK Standard Delivery £4.95 - Deliver to your home or work address, next working day.
- Click & Collect from a Local UPS Access Point £4.95 - Deliver to a local nearby shop or petrol station if you can't be in to sign for your parcel.
- Click & Collect from the distillery £0.00 - Pick up direct from the distillery shop at your convenience (open Monday - Sunday 10am - 6pm). We'll hold your order for 28 days.
- Saturday Delivery £13.20 - Deliver to any address for guaranteed Saturday delivery.
- International shipping - Unfortunately we cannot ship internationally at this moment. Please shop with one of our partners for delivery outside of the UK.
Notes of vanilla,
sweet spice and
Creamy, slightly nutty and full-
bodied. Vanilla, ginger, nutmeg
and hints of dried fruit with
a sweet layer of woodsmoke.
Long and warming.