Elements with Hosted Tasting
The original Whiskymaker's Project, Elements is a library of whisky learning. Offering a rare glimpse into the mind of a whiskymaker as they set out to create a new single malt whisky, this project originates before we ever released a single malt.
Remarkably rare and individually numbered, this collection of whiskies are the result of a forensic examination of what a sherry cask could be. One of only 1,368 whisky libraries, it explores the flavour, aroma and texture derived from sherry-seasoned oak, presenting a snapshot in time of seven different types of sherry-seasoned American oak casks; Fino, Manzanillia, Amontadillo, Palo Cortado, Cream, PX and Oloroso.
Dozens of casks and specifications were used in the original project, with seven core elements identified for Elements, whereby all parameters remained identical; the oak type (American Oak), cask size (500-litre butts), maturing spirit, warehousing conditions and ABV (54%).
The result? Each Element isn't a one-off, a special release, or an intriguing diversion from the main business, but one of the infinite fundamental building blocks that make up the Lakes' maturation philosophy. It offers a whisky enthusiast the rare opportunity to experience, with the aid of a reference library, the specific characters, aroma, texture and flavour that each element has to play when used as a blending component in the creation of a sherry-led single malt whisky.
This event includes:
- A unique whisky library of seven 20cl elements, each exploring a different sherry-seasoned oak.
- A hardcover Element guidebook, offering a background to each sherry wine and how it interacts with our casks and new make spirit.
- By booking this hosted experience at the distillery, you'll be guided, in-person, through the flavour, aroma & texture of each of the seven Elements.
- Only through booking this in-person distillery experience will you receive an individually numbered certificate Numbered 200 or below.*
- Your tasting will last approximately 1 hour. We offer this tasting daily at 3.45pm, however alternative timings can be accommodated on request (contact us).
- Please note a distillery tour is not included in this experience and can be booked separately.
- Additional guests are welcome to take part in the hosted tasting at additional cost of £50pp.
*Subject to availability.
Ticket price guide:
- £550.00 - Elements with Hosted Tasting
- £50.00 - Additional Guest